detectorCarbon Monoxide, or CO, is an odorless, colorless, and tasteless gas that is a poisonous byproduct of all types of incomplete combustion. If you have any fuel-burning appliance in your home or apartment such as gas heat, any gas-fueled appliances, including water heaters, fireplaces, portable heaters, dryers, grills, or any wood-burning appliances such as fireplaces and wood stoves, you should have a CO detector installed on each level of your home.

To prevent carbon monoxide problems in your home be sure to keep all appliances well-maintained, clean, and in good working order. Have professional technicians clean and inspect all equipment on a regular basis.

There are many different styles of CO detectors available in stores. If you purchase an AC powered model we recommend that you also purchase one that operates on battery power as well so that you still have protection in the event of a power outage.

Some of the most common symptoms associated with CO poisoning include flu-like symptoms such as headache, fatigue, nausea, and dizziness. CO poison is a dangerous and life-threatening situation. Should you be experiencing problems with CO in your home call the fire department immediately